While studying here we try to make fast yet healthy dishes. Since we are in a bit of a korean food craze, we decided to try making Bibim Nengmyun which is a cold noodle dish made with buckwheat noodles, fresh raw vegetables and chicken breast. Now we’ve never had cold noodles before so it was a bit of a leap of faith with this recipe. Don’t expect big bold flavours with this recipe. It ‘s simple and tasted wonderfully delicious to us so we hope you like it too!
Recipe adapted from spoonforkbacon.
1 bunch of buckwheat noodles
1/2 carrot julienne
1/4 cucumber julinne
1 boiled chicken breast shredded
2 Tbs of Gochujang
1 Tbs of granulated sugar
3/4 Tbs of light soy sauce
1/2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
some toasted sesame seeds
1 bunch of scallions chopped
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl.
- Boil the buckwheat noodles until soften, roughly 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles in a strainer and rinse with cold water twice.
- Place the noodles in the mixing bowl and toss together with the sauce.
- Divide the noodles into serving bowls, and top it off with the carrots, cucumbers and chicken breast.
- Sprinkle some the sesame seeds and scallions, serve.
Note: You can try this recipe with other vegetables as well. We made this with thinly sliced little gem lettuce and korean fishcakes and it still taste as good.