We have always made cinnamon sugar bread by buying pre-made loafs of bread, add cinnamon sugar and pop it in the microwave. We were always making the sweet version but never thought of using the same method to make savoury one. This Honey-Butter Cheddar Cheese Bread was inspired from watching the Korean variety show “Happy Together” where they had a late night cafeteria where celebrities would come up with quick and easy recipes for snacking at night. We decided to try making this bread after it was featured on the program. In the program, they used rye bread. We used whatever hard bread we could find from the supermarket. The bread has to be hard so that you can make slices without flattening it.
Verdict : We liked it and finished the entire bread in one sitting for breakfast(Who doesn’t like bread with tons of melted cheese!!) It left us so full that we skipped lunch. The only drawback was the taste of the spring onion lingered in our mouth for the next couple of hours.
1 loaf of hard bread
150g cheddar cheese (Shredded)
1 stalk spring onion
3 TBS honey
3 TBS Butter (Soften)
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically like you see in the picture above(Do not slice the bread all the way through).
- Mix the honey, butter and most of the spring onion together. Spread the mixture in between all the cuts you have made.
- Do the same for the cheddar cheese, leaving some for later.
- Sprinkle the remaining spring onion and cheese on the top of the bread.
- Microwave on high for 5mins.