The all too familiar korean drama scene in a suana house where actors and actresses spot a unique tied towel on their heads eating eggs. Koreans like to crack the eggs on their head before eating them(we tried doing it!!! Doesn’t hurt as bad as it sounds)This special suana egg baked using the steam from the hottest part of the suana and rumored to have a nutty/smoky flavour.
We have never been to Korea but we love both the culture and the food!! It’s all about the Korean craze these days with kpop, kdrama and running man taking the international scene. We did some research on making your own korean suana eggs and tested with a pressured rice cooker the time required to make an egg which is has both the nutty and smoky flavour.
Eggs just enough to fill one layer in the rice cooker
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak the eggs in warm water for 1 hour. This helps prevent the eggs from cracking during the cooking process.
- Place the eggs in one layer at the bottom of the rice cooker and add in the water until it fills the height of half the egg. Lastly, add in the sea salt.
- Cook in 25 mins intervals for a total 125 mins. Add water until it reaches the height of half the egg and turn the eggs at each of the 25 mins interval.
- Once it’s done, crack and enjoy!!
1. You can cook the eggs for a shorter time if you like. Experiment accordingly to the taste you like!!