As we all know, many ingredients goes into making the perfect Pad Thai. But being students in a foreign land, we always look for cheap and fast alternatives into making our favourite asian dishes. This seafood Pad Thai recipe is fast,cheap and easy!! Plus it satisfies our craving for asian food in the UK.
We first saw this recipe from chefchole’s vegan website but adapted it to suit our taste.
200g rice noodles
2TBS soy sauce
3 TBS brown sugar
Juice from 2 large limes
1 clove garlic, chopped
3 stalk spring onion, chopped
150g frozen seafood mix
Large handful of broccoli
1. whisk together lime juice, sugar, soy sauce. Set aside
2. Prepare rice noodles accordingly to packaging.
3. Boil seafood mix and broccoli in water until soft. Drain water.
4. In a pan, stir fried the garlic and spring onion until fragrant. Add liquid mixture.
5. When the liquid mixture is boiling, add all the remaining ingredients. Stir fry until most of the
liquid is gone.
6. Serve with crushed peanuts and a slice of lime.
- If you like your pad thai spicy, add some chopped red chilli. We added belancan chilli which we brought over from Singapore.
- Make your own special pad thai by adding any other ingredients you like that suits your taste!!!